Yes, another Seamwork Magazine pattern. I was just gifted a subscription from my sister for my birthday a couple months ago so I can’t help myself. 😉
Anyway, Wembley has caused me some troubles which is unfortunate because I thought it was going to be super easy. 😦
It really isn’t Wembley’s fault though. It was totally me. First off I didn’t notice that the fabric that I bought was slightly stretched out in one area. It wasn’t terrible but because the fabric has a stripe print it becomes very noticeable when you are trying to cut the fabric out while making sure the stripes match up. I spent too much time trying to fix this but it was important because what is the point of sewing something up only to have mismatching stripes. If I left it as is I’d never end up wearing it and it would be a waste.
Unfortunately, that ate up a few mornings. I moved on though and kept sewing. Everything seemed fine until I noticed the very next day after I sewn on the waistband that the notches weren’t sewn into the seam allowance so there were little holes on the back of my cardigan. 😦 So out came the seam ripper and another morning.
Finally I got the waistband and the cuffs squared away but I still had the neckband. Everything seemed to going well. I double checked my measurements BUT once I pinned the neckband to the neckline it was much too long… So I sewed up and cut off what I needed to. It still ended up slightly long but much better it be too long than short. I ended up covering up the raw edges of the ends of the neckband where it met at the waistband by just folding them in and do a few hand stitches to hold it in place.